Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What I have thought about the last few chapters in the book.

1. How were the Tripods able to control people?

Well tripods are able to control people because well they brainwash them and put a big cap on their head which I think is probably giving them information on what to say and what to do and when to do it. I think that it provides information on what the Tripods want the people to do and since they have a big mettle cap on their head which the tripods are controlling (which again is what I think) they know what to do. I think that the Tripods just take out all of the information that the people knew before away and keep it in a different place and they add in information that the tripods want people to have like; to be happy with the tripods and to try and tell other people what to do so that the tripods will be able to control most of the people in the world. But yet again i'm not really sure what they do to control the people I am just trying to give the best possible answer I can. Another reason why I think that the tripods are able to control people is probably they have little controls inside the cap that when they want the person to do something all they have to do is well either press a button or think it and that will automatically make the person do it. Maybe they might put a different thing in their head they might just take the brain out completely and put in something new. I know that my answers sound kind of wacky but the story is very different from most just by the type of things that he writes about.

2. Find evidence (quotations from the novel) to show that even though Will is comfortable living at the castle, he is frustrated that the Comte, Comtesse, and Eloise have been capped.
" And I had despised them for it-despised even, for all their kindness to me and their goodness, the Comte and Comtesse. But not Eloise. I had thought her free, like myself!" It think that his shows comfort because well he has mentioned their kindness to him and how they have treated him really nice and they have not hurt him in any way. But also it seems like he is frustrated when he is talking about how he didn't want Eloise to be capped and how he wished she could have come with him to the White Mountains so that they could escape the capping. I do think that of course he would have been frustrated because well more people who he really like are capped and well he is basically the only one who isn't. He might feel lonely that all of his new friends are capped and he isn't. I would be frustrated because well I wouldn't really know what to do. Should I get capped? I would wonder or should I just stick to my journey and what I am meant to be doing? It should definitely be frustrating because you wouldn't know what to do.

3.. Find evidence (quotes) to show how Will feels about being capped.

" I almost hope it doesn't work. I'm not sure I would rather be a Vagrant."

Will seems well to me he sees like he is nervous and scared about it. He seems unsure what really to do until he comes to running away. But when he meets Eloise it all seems to change like he wants to be capped and he doesn't at the same time. He seems a bit confused in what to do and what he should do. If I were him I would just go with it and get capped I wouldn't want to but it would be a lot more trouble to run away from home. He still seems pretty determined to get to the White Mountains though so that he doesn't have to be capped. But I guess that, that is just his personality. But coming back to the question I think that he probably feels nervous, scared and really unsure what he should do. In the end of course he ends up running away. But when he meets Eloise it seems to change a little bit just because well since she has been capped you can kind of see it in the way he now acts really well yeah frustrated and unsure what to do. But he is so determined to get to the White Mountains this is making it really hard for him and really confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment