Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The time I showed courage!

One time that I showed courage was when I stood up on stage and sang out in-front of all the 6th, 7th and 8th grade girls who auditioned for Throughly Modern Millie. I remember one of my friends saying that I was just so scared and I was a scaredy cat. I felt so bad about her saying that, that I decided to go up and sing. So I got in line with all my other friends and waited for my turn to sing. I remember feeling so scared that my legs were shaking! I had never sang in-front of anybody before! I was even scared to sing in-front of my family! I had no idea how I was going to do this!

I stood in line waiting and waiting the nerve only getting bigger when I saw somebody else leave the line. Then I heard my friend sing she was also really nervous like me! Then it came to my turn I walked up and waited for the music to play. When the music started I was extra nervous. Then when i started to sing I felt like i was embarrassing myself in-front of the whole school! My voice sounded terrible. I messed up a whole part. But when I got off the stage I felt so much better! I couldn't believe I just did that I could not wait to go home and tell my parents.

I was waiting in the seats for my photo to be taken when my friends came down to meet me. We were all discussing how nervous we were and how terrible we all sounded. But we were all glad we did it. Especially me I felt like now I have sung in-front of all theses people I could definitely sing in front of that amount again! Now that I know that I have done that I know that I will definitely try again! I might have sounded terrible but that didn't matter to me now because I knew that I had the courage to stand up there and sing!

1 comment:

  1. I know what it feels like for that to happen becuase it happens to me a lot. This is a really good passage, but next time I think you should include a picture. At least you have faced your fear. I like how you included a lot of detail. I could really tell how it felt to have to go through that pain, with all this detail.

    ReplyDelete